And this reading challenge has some pretty cool categories. There are 12 categories, I'm assuming that's because there are 12 months, and they are:A book published this year
- A book you can finish in a day
- A book you've been meaning to read
- A book recommended to you by your local librarian or bookseller
- A book you should have read in school
- A book chosen for you by your spouse, partner, sibling, child, or BFF
- A book published before you were born
- A book that was banned at some point
- A book you previously abandoned
- A book you own but have never read
- A book that intimidates you
- A book you've already read at least once
So far I am almost done with the meaning to read book. For that category I'm reading Lessons from Madame Chic, by Jennifer L. Scott. I'm almost three quarters through it. The abandoned book that I am planning on finishing is The Secret Garden. I'm about halfway through it. If you have a Kindle, it's free to download.
I have a feeling that the book I should have read in school, the book published before I was born and the book that intimidates me will be pulled from the same list. I am kinda curious as to what books have been banned in the past. I'm hoping to find some really interesting books in that list. I also have a lot of books that I already own, but have yet to read.
These books will, for the most part, be read in addition to the books I read with my book club. The only categories that may overlap are read in a day and previously read.
I'll keep you posted on what I'm reading and what I've finished reading. And feel free to share suggestions for any of the categories.