Monday, January 15, 2018

What I'm Eating Lately: No Time To Cook

Most weekends I cook up a recipe of some sort to bring as my lunch for the upcoming week.  It helps to ensure that, one, I'm not buying lunch every day, and two, that I'm eating something healthful.  Unfortunately, some weekends, I'm just too busy to spend much time in the kitchen.  The first weekend of January was one of those.  Sometimes when that happens, I'll just buy enough cans of soup to last me the week (I've been reaching for the Progresso Light Soup a lot lately), but that weekend, I really wanted to cook.

Organic Sprouted Thai Red Curry Rice

On a trip to Whole Foods a while back, I had picked up this rice side dish, and then never made it.  It turned out to be the perfect thing to cook up for lunch for the week.  Even though it simmered for something like 30 minutes, it wasn't something that I had to watch, so once it started simmering, I was able to start on my next project, which was undecorating from Christmas.

Once it was cooked, I divided it up into four bowls and topped with some frozen veggies that I had cooked up.  It turned out to be quite a nice, quick lunch.  The only issue, was that I really didn't have a good protein to top it with.  If  do this again, I will add either mushrooms, or shred some chicken to have with it.

I also forgot to take a picture of the finished dish - sorry.


So what is your go to quick lunch to pack?

1 comment:

  1. I am bad at cooking up a lunch. Most days it is salad with a vinegar not dressing, Apple and if no salad, leftover veggies.leftovers don't last long around here.

    ReplyDelete