Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Cleaning out my makeup

When we started the bathroom renovation, we went through all of the cabinets in the bathroom and I ended up dumping some stuff on (and around) my makeup table, which was already in desperate need of an overhaul.  There were a number of things that I didn't wear anymore, and didn't see myself wearing in the future.  I also had samples pretty much everywhere.
Stuff from the bathroom

This doesn't look bad, but I was struggling to find stuff in the holder on the right

Samples and my new packet of wipes (I use them on my fingers)

A very messy drawer

Oh my word do I have a lot of mascaras and they were everywhere

This weekend I went through everything, got rid of a lot of things, and reorganized everything else.  Now I can easily find things, and I even have all of my samples grouped together by type.  I did discover that I have a lot of mascaras.  One of these days, I should do a comparison.  I just have to remember to take pictures of me wearing the different ones.

This is the finished product.



Most things are out of the drawer, and it pretty much now just holds some combs, my wipes, the towel that I lay on the table as I'm getting ready and the makeup bag that I take to work.  The hair products that I'm not currently using are tucked behind the mirror and all of the nail polish removers are together.  I even managed to fit all of the mascara in a drawer.

So, am I the only one that collects mascara?  What's your favorite?  How do you organize your makeup?


1 comment:

  1. I buy a lot of Avon. I gave a drawer where makeup is on one side with my current set in the front. Jewelry in the middle. Hair products and brushes in the back and front. Nailfiles and clippers in a coffee cup. I use coffee cups a lot to hold things upright in the drawer.

    ReplyDelete