Monday, July 11, 2016

Web Wanderings #1

A collection of interesting bits that I've stumbled upon while wandering the web.

Organization 
One thing that I've been seeing a lot about on the web is Bullet Journals.  At first it seemed like a pretty complicated system, but after a little reading, it seems like it would be a pretty easy system to use.  I doubt that I'll use it, I'm kinda partial to my planner.  Have any of you heard of it?  Anyone using one?  If you want to read more about it, here's an article from the LA Times.

Travel

Watergate is back, but not as a scandal.  I think that it would be kind of cool to stay here.

Food
Even though I'm someone who tries to eat a healthy diet with lots of vegetables, I still found David H. Freedman's article in The Atlantic titled, "How Junk Food Can End Obesity," to be extremely interesting

Fashion
If you're looking for great summer dresses that won't break the bank, here are 20 dresses for under $50.

Current Events
The US isn't the only country getting ready to elect a new leader.  In the wake of the Brexit vote, The UK is going to have a new prime minister, and it's going to be a woman.

Mindfulness
We try and keep Sunday nights free and clear so that we can have a relaxing evening in order to prepare for the upcoming week.  Making Sunday evenings special goes a long way to keeping the Sunday evening blues at bay.  Elsie at Richly Rooted has some other suggestions for dealing with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment