Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Preparing for Mondays

Mondays.  Some people love them, some people hate them.  Regardless of what you think of them, for most of us they signal the start of the work week.  To help with the transition from weekend to work week go smoother, I take the time on Sunday nights to prep for Mondays.

First, I look at what I have scheduled.  Do I have any meetings scheduled that are going to impact my lunch or what time I can leave work?  Do I have any evenings appointments or plans?  Taking a look at the week on Sundays helps me better plan.  I also take a look at the weather forecast for the week.  Once I've looked at the calendar and the weather, I start to plan - at least tentatively - dinners and outfits.  Things may get changed up during the week, but having that tentative plan is a help.

The other thing that I like to do on Sundays is to treat myself.  In the evening I'll have something to drink like hot chocolate or a nice tea.  Lately, I've been having a can of Diet A&W Cream Soda (don't judge).  I'll also have a piece of really good, dark chocolate.

Then after my shower, I pamper myself.  I use a different lotion than my normal weekday one, and I do a face mask.  It's also when I use my brightening shampoo.

Lately the lotion that I've been using is this Hydrating Body Lotion from Victoria's Secret.  I love the way it smells and it leaves my skin nice and soft.

 The other week I was wandering Whole Foods before getting my hair done and I ended up picking up this Acure Brightening Facial Mask.  I really like the way my skin looks after using it, but while it's on I look like I've been on a boat in a storm tossed sea for too long.  Either that, or I'm turning into a sea monster :)


How do you prepare for Mondays?  Do you have anything special that you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment