Monday, July 31, 2017

When you want to give up - remember

Do you ever have one of those days where you just want to throw in the towel?  Maybe it's something small, or maybe it's something big.  Maybe you just want to throw in the towel on the whole adulting thing.

Lately, I've really been struggle with just wanting to throw in the towel on most things.  I want nothing more than to eat what I want instead of making good choices.  I want to spend the evening being a couch potato instead of working out.  While I love my promotion at work and now I feel like I'm drowning there.  I want to turn my blog into something that people really like to read and recommend, but I alternate between lack of time to write and writer's block.  Basically, I just want to stop being an adult.

And then I remember.  I remember how much I love my life and all of it's craziness.  I vent to my husband who reminds me that he's always there to help and asks me what I need.


I remember how much fun it is to go clothes shopping now, and how healthy and strong I feel.  and then I reach for those veggies or go and do my workout.



I remember how much I love my job and that I am part of something bigger than myself and I find ways to help me focus more.  I learn to start delegating the more mundane, time-consuming tasks, and I remember the tricks in my toolbox to keep the stress from paralyzing me.



I remember that I need to schedule time to work on my blog.  I remember that insipation comes at hte oddest times, so having a notbook or a note taking app nearby at all times is critical.



I remember that I am blessed.  That this is the life that God has called me to.  I remember that when I lay it all before Him, that He will equip me to do the things that He has called me to do.



When I'm ready to throw in the towel and give up on being an adult, I give myself grace, pick myself up and dust myself off.  I thank the Lord for this life and then I go back to living it to the fullest - craziness and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment