Tuesday, April 21, 2020

That Quarantined Life

I don't know about you, but some days I am totally fine with the stay-at-home orders and other days I just want to scream and throw a temper tantrum like a two-year old.  Most days, I seem to be doing okay, not great, but okay.

I know that I'm one of the lucky ones, I still have a job. I'm not trying to balance working and homeschooling.  I'm not completely alone. 

A foggy morning
One of the things that I have found is that having routines help, especially in the mornings.  I have kept to my same, going-in-to-work everyday routine.  I still get up, meditate, do my Bible study, get myself ready for the day and eat breakfast.  The biggest difference is that instead of getting into our car to drive to work, Jim and I take a walk.  I think that this is one of the main things keeping me sane.  There is just something about walking and listening to the birds sing (and boy are they noisy) to really fill me with a sense of peace.

Look who we ran into on our walk :)

We are also trying to mark the end of the work day.  With us working in the same field, we have enough issues leaving work at work.  What we don't want is the email and the projects to spill into our evenings.  So, at the end of the workday, we pause.  Some days we take a walk, some days we do chores around the house.  Just something to indicate that the work day is done.

Self-care is also big for me.  I'm also keeping up with my usual eating habits, and since I've always worked out at home, I'm still working out.
Lunch!

I know that this too shall end.  And I am thankful that I can still get together with the ladies from church and my small group - even if it is over Zoom.  And I am happy that my okay days are more than my not okay days.

So how about you?  How are you dealing with the staying at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment