Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Carrot Bread




Maybe it's all of the talk on the Internet about baking bread and yeast shortages, but I have been in the mood to bake lately.  





I made M& M brownies for my birthday.















I made Challah bread for Easter.








But still, I wanted to bake.  Then I remembered reading this post about carrot bread.  Now I love a good carrot muffin, but rarely get to have one since most have nuts in them.  And, with a severe walnut allergy, I end up having to avoid them.  I also really like zucchini bread, and figured that this would be similar (it is).  However, I didn't really like the recipe that Carly linked to. 

So I decided to make my own recipe.



Let me just tell you that this bread is amazing!  It's like if a carrot muffin divorced the nuts and remarried a zucchini bread and they had baked good offspring.  That's the only way I know to describe it.  But it is amazing!

Carrot Bread

Ingredients
1 cup finely shredded carrots
2 eggs
4 ounces unsweetened applesauce (I used one of the individual serving containers)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions
Combine the eggs, sugar and applesauce.  Combine the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture.  Fold in the carrots and pour into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  Cool in pan for 5- 10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.


No comments:

Post a Comment