Friday, August 4, 2017

A Green and White Salad

I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I bought the veg for this week's salad.  I'm not quite sure that I was thinking at all :)  Maybe it was the fact that I was trying to hurry.  Or maybe it was that I was exhausted since we had just gotten back from a trip and had no groceries in the house.  Regardless of the why or the how, I ended up with a green and white salad.





Usually when I make salads, I like to keep it somewhat colorful, even if it's just adding in some orange carrots.  But this week, everything is green and white - zucchini, cucumber, mushrooms, green pepper.


Maybe it was the salad dressing choice that inspired me, but I decided to do the zucchini as zoodles.  The dressing that I'm using this week is an Asian one, and I do like to eat my salads with chopsticks, so the noodles kind of make sense. At least in my mind they do :)


This salad also goes to show you that you don't need lettuce in a salad to have a fun and yummy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment