Monday, August 21, 2017

My Current Workout Routine

The two main things that I have done to get in shape are walk and workout videos.  Right now I try and get about 12,000 steps in each day and then 5 to 6 days a week I do some sort of a workout, usually in the evenings. 

The biggest problem that I’ve had with workout videos has been boredom.  I tried finding different workouts on the web, but I stink at ones where they just give you a list of exercises and maybe a video showing one or two reps.

Fitness Blender
A few months ago while reading blogs, I came across a mention of a website called Fitness Blender.  Basically they have free workout videos that you can watch either on their website or on YouTube. 
They also have workout programs that you can purchase, that tell you which workouts to do on what day to focus on a specific area.  Some of their programs include:
  •         2 Week FB Blend to Burn Fat & Build Muscle
  •         FB Abs: 4 Week Core Program for Abs, Oblique, and Lower Back
  •         FB Reach: 4 Week Stretching, Yoga and Pilates Program for Flexibility & Total Body Toning
  •         4 Week Workout Program for People Who Get Bored Easily
  •         FB Flex: 4 Week Upper Body Program for Arms, Shoulder, Chest and Upper Back


I’ve done the Abs one twice and am doing the FB Reach one currently.  Right now I’m planning on doing FB Flex next.


What I really like about the programs is that they provide full videos.  That was important to me, as I said before, I do not like when all you get is a list of exercises and maybe a quick video of one or two repetitions.  I also like that they give you modifications if you need to make it easier.  The only thing that I don’t like is that you can’t move things around on the calendar.  Once you pick your start day it populates it and you can’t move it.

No comments:

Post a Comment