Friday, August 18, 2017

Conference in DC - What I Wore

The beginning part of last week was spent in DC for a conference for work.  During the day, the attire was business, but at night, the attire was casual.  In planning my outfits, I wanted to make sure that everything that I packed was comfortable, and that for Monday and Tuesday's outfits, could easily change from business to casual.

Sunday:
Unfortunately, I didn't think to get a picture of what I wore for the drive down, it was  tank top dress, that is extremely comfortable.  For the opening reception, the theme was Hawaiian Luau, and was a more casual event.  I opted for a green, strapless dress that I got at Banana Republic Outlet and a black shrug.  To keep it from feeling too dressy, I wore a pair of flip flops with some faux jewel detailing to the strap.

Monday:
Monday's business outfit was a pencil skirt that has a blue under-layer and then a purple lace layer on top.  I paired with a purple-ish tank and blue cardigan.  For the evening I just swapped out the skirt for a pair of distressed cropped jeans.  For shoes, I did a black wedge sandal during the day, but, since it was raining in the evening, I opted for a pair of black flats.



Tuesday:
Tuesday's outfits were my favorites.  I work an orange short sleeve sweater and brown skirt with brown wedge sandals during the day, and then switched into a pair of distressed cropped jeans for the evening, and I was able to stay with the same shoes.


Wednesday:
I knew that I would be tired by Wednesday, so I went with a pair of wide legged trousers, a white and black shell and a black cardigan and black wedge sandals.  For the drive back home, I actually just wore a t-shirt, yoga pants and flip flops (no picture though).


The thing that I liked about all of my outfits were that they were comfortable and for Monday and Tuesday, there wasn't much needed to switch from business to casual.





2 comments: